Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

LaLa Land

I've had quite the blog hiatus! I've been in LaLa Land, quite literally.  I've been dreaming dreams - trying to figure out which ones are ones worth pursing and which ones are just nice to think about.

I went to a writing conference this weekend, close to home.  There were 250 other writers in one place for 3 days and I was in Heaven!  I learned so much, but there is one huge take-away I'd like to share.

No matter what your dream or goal, you can't attain it if you don't start.  And to start, start with the basics.  A story can only be edited after it's written.  Weight loss can only happen after a lifestyle change - even a small one at first.

So, to finish --- we must start!

3 comments:

farah said...

This is a great message that comes at a time where I needed some motivation. Thank you!

Gloria Ives said...

Oh you are so right. I get caught int he trap of reading about writing, trying to find places to get published, and looking for inspiration, and then I end up NOT writing. I was at awriting confrence last weekend myself, and I came out all pumped up, and overwhelmed with possibility, and then...stuck. So today, I am devoting myself to organizing my leads, because I can't begin until I'm organized....

Well we all have diversions, and of course, in order to write, we need something to write about--divert we must sometimes, for inspiration.
Happy trails,

If we are writers we must Write!

Unknown said...

Yes, let's write Gloria!

And, Farah - I'm so glad!