Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It Does Matter

I figured something out today. After being on this weight loss journey for close to 3 years, it amazes me how I so easily forget the good habits and the sneaky thoughts I don't really think rule my life.

For example, today, I slowed down my mental process just before I made a bad food choice. What I heard myself say was that it doesn't really matter. It doesn't matter what I do - I'm fat and an few extra hundred calories won't really make a difference.

So, I literally stopped walking and said to myself outloud, "It does matter. You matter." So, I changed my decision. Saying that to myself repeatedly changed my decisions for the rest of the day. After losing 54 pounds over a year and a half, I knew every bite mattered. Today, I remembered it.

No comments: