Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Glow in the Dark

When glow-in-the-dark toys stay in the dark, they don’t glow. They can only glow when they first absorb light.

I’ve had this thought brewing for about 15 years and I’ve pulled it out on several different life occasions. Today, it resurfaced and I just can’t shake it. It’s a simple thought, so forgive me if it doesn’t create an ah-ha moment for you.

We are like those toys. We absorb the things, thoughts and attitudes that we are near. If we keep ourselves in darkness with negative thoughts, or by camping out around condemnation, we can’t ever glow, even if glowing is our true purpose.

Only after we’ve surrounded ourselves with light can we be seen in the darkness.

Today, let’s purge the negative, bask in the positive and then dance in the dark.

4 comments:

Eileen Astels Watson said...

How beautiful and so encouraging and true! I like this analogy.

Okay, I'm going to soak in lots of light today so that I can glow through the night. Hopefully my illumination won't keep hubby awake all night.

Unknown said...

You glow, girl!

Jennifer Taylor said...

It's a wonderful analogy!

Many blessings,

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer!